SLADS EDUCATION & SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (EASP)
The application process for the St. Louis Area Dressage Society Education and Scholarship Program (EASP) began in September of 2012. The purpose of the SLADS EASOP (verbatim bylaws) is:
- (1)for the purpose of providing scholarship monies to Association members in good standing both Junior Riders, Adult Amateur & Professional Riders;
- (2) for the purpose of educational seminars on the topic of dressage and horse health, care and maintenance;
- The organization is separate from and not related to the Saint Louis Area Dressage Society.
- The St. Louis Area Dressage Society Education and Scholarship Program recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization as of November 11, 2013.
- The executive board of the St. Louis Area Dressage Society Education and Scholarship Program is by bylaws of the EASP governed by the Executive Board of SLADS and will have a scholarship committee for the SLADS –EASP organization.
- Benefits of the SLADS- EASP include the ability of the EASP to accept tax deductible donations that are in the interest of the EASP for the purpose of scholarship and promotion of the education of dressage in the St. Louis area.
- Organization is in its infancy but the SLADS board is looking forward to the opening of more educational and scholarship opportunities with the acceptance of the 501c3 application.