We are a club built on volunteers who make The St. Louis Area Dressage Society and it's events possible! Please consider volunteering with us!
This program was developed to earn various level of rewards based on your volunteer hours. Your accumulated volunteer hours will fulfill your requirement for the End of Year Awards and, in addition, will qualify you for the rewards listed below. We have many opportunities for you volunteer.
If there are discrepancies, contact the volunteer coordinator. It will be your responsibility to ensure that you are credited for all hours worked.
How do I earn hours for 2021 Awards?
Volunteers and Competitors, show season is just around the corner. Don’t forget that you need a minimum of 8 hrs of volunteer service for recognized show awards and 4 hrs of service for schooling show awards. These hours must be earned at a SLADS run event, partnership run shows do not count towards year end awards, but I am sure they appreciate your volunteer time as well!
Shows where volunteer hours can be earned include schooling shows, the SLADS August Classic I&II August 28 & 29, 2021 and The National Pony Cup and Small Horse Championship July 16-18, 2021 at the National Equestrian Center. Volunteer time can also be earned serving on committees.
Recognized Shows, Schooling Shows, Symposiums, Clinics, etc:
8 hours worked – SLADS apparel and lunch (when available)
Volunteer Year End Reward
A volunteer’s name will be drawn at the SLADS Year-End Banquet. The individual whose name is pulled will be credited with up to $150 to participate in a SLADS-sponsored clinic, symposium, or schooling show.
To be eligible to have your name entered in the drawing, you must have worked 16 hours as a volunteer (8 of those hours must be worked at a recognized SLADS show). For each 8 hours that you work, your name will be entered into the drawing; doubling, tripling, your chances to win.
SLADS Board members are not eligible for this drawing.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Assist in set up or take downs of arenas at shows
- Minds ring schedule, manages warm-up, bit/whip checks
- There are different shifts to choose from each day of a rated show
- Transcribe for judges ( A great way to learn/improve tests at all levels!)
- There are different shifts to choose from each day of a show
SCORER AND SCORING ASSISTANTS
- Tabulates tests, posts scores, pins classes, etc.
- Transport tests from judges stand to office for scoring.
- Work under the leadership of the volunteer coordinator and head scorer
- Sign out ribbons and awards to competitors
DON’T BE AFRAID TO VOLUNTEER! WE WILL WORK WITH YOU AND YOUR RIDE TIMES!